Queen's Cross Church - Charles Rennie Mackintosh:
Built 1897-1899. Designed by Mackintosh working as a trainee for Honeyman & Keppie. The only Mackintosh church to be completed with his distinctive style and motifs throughout. Red sandstone with a squat tower and referred to as 'modern gothic' by some.

street address: 886 Garscube Road, Glasgow, G20
Latitude / Longitude: 55.880328,-4.271937 (sourced using Google Maps)

south-west elevation looking along Garscube Road


south-west elevation


view of the south-west/south-east corner


doorway at the end of the south-west elevation


window above the doorway


view back down the south-west elevation


window bay of south-west elevation


south-west elevation and tower ascending on the corner


view up the tower from Garscube Road


information


view of tower from Garscube Road


corner from Garscube Road looking up Springbank Street


large window on the north-west elavation


turret feature of the tower


view down Springbank Road


massing of elements on the north-west facade


view down the largely obscured north-east elevation


back to top



rennie mackintosh
-----------------------------------
mackintosh homepage
----------------------------------
glasgow school of art (exterior)
-----------------------------------
queen's cross church
----------------------------------
ruchill church hall
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
website homepage
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------


----------------------------------


----------------------------------

all images and content copyright © 2013 - architectureglasgow.co.uk
please do not use without permission: contact@architectureglasgow.co.uk

disclaimer & copyright information


- home - building index - about - web links - contact -

www.architectureglasgow.co.uk www.derelictglasgow.co.uk