Charing Cross:
Two victorian red sandstone buildings, the first at the south-west corner is Charing Cross Mansions and was designed by Sir John J. Burnet. The second on the north-east corner is St. Georges Mansions and was designed by Burnet, Boston & Carruthers. The M8 motorway cuts a swathe though Charing Cross from north to south (more photos to be added...)

street address: Charing Cross, Glasgow, G3
Latitude / Longitude: 55.866512,-4.270653 (sourced using Google Maps)

Charing Cross mansions from the east, the curved east/south elevation connects St. Georges Road to Sauchiehall Street.


view to the south-east corner, Charing Cross Mansions to the left, Tay House circa 1990 is on the right.


north/west corner turret


north/west facades


west facade


view north fom the pedestrian bridge of the M8


St. Georges Mansions from the south-east


back to top



old city (pre-1918)
----------------------------------
old city homepage
----------------------------------
anderson college
----------------------------------
botanics gardens garage
----------------------------------
22 bridge st (bank)
----------------------------------
brown st, tobacco warehouse
----------------------------------
52 charlotte street
----------------------------------
charing cross
----------------------------------
clay pipe factory
----------------------------------
clydebank library
----------------------------------
clydebank town hall
----------------------------------
custom house
----------------------------------
finnieston church
----------------------------------
glasgow school of art (exterior)
----------------------------------
grecian chambers
----------------------------------
215 high street
----------------------------------
hutchesons' hall
----------------------------------
kingston halls
----------------------------------
kinning park pumping station
----------------------------------
1-10 moray place
----------------------------------
muir simpson's warehouse
----------------------------------
orient buildings
----------------------------------
old partick police court
----------------------------------
partick pumping station
----------------------------------
pollockshaws west station
----------------------------------
police offices & barracks
----------------------------------
railway offices (howard st)
----------------------------------
shieldhall sewerage works
----------------------------------
tobacco merchant's house
----------------------------------
74 york st
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
website homepage
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
all images and content copyright © 2013 - architectureglasgow.co.uk
please do not use without permission: contact@architectureglasgow.co.uk

disclaimer & copyright information


- home - building index - about - web links - contact -

www.architectureglasgow.co.uk www.derelictglasgow.co.uk