Partick Police Court (former):
Dated 1853. Originally designed as Partick Police Court, currently used as the Centre for Sensory Impaired People and also houses Insight Radio. A square plan, five bay classical building, with a long single storey extension to the east running along Gullane Street housing the cells for the former Police Court. Category B listing.

street address: 47 Anderson Street, Glasgow, G11 6AZ
Latitude / Longitude: 55.869704,-4.305546 (sourced using Google Maps)

west elevation onto Anderson Street


central first floor window bays over the central doorway on Anderson Street


central bay


ground floor window bay


north-west corner


north-west corner close up


north elevation onto Gullane Street


north-east corner and the view west down Gullane Street with the long single storey extension to the rear of the building


south elevation of the long low extension


built and finished with red brick, with ashlar window details


window close-up


chimney and windows on the south elevation


window close-up


view up Anderson Street along the west elevation and the party wall to the new building to the right of the photograph


back to top



old city (pre-1918)
----------------------------------
old city homepage
----------------------------------
anderson college
----------------------------------
botanics gardens garage
----------------------------------
22 bridge st (bank)
----------------------------------
brown st, tobacco warehouse
----------------------------------
52 charlotte street
----------------------------------
charing cross
----------------------------------
clay pipe factory
----------------------------------
clydebank library
----------------------------------
clydebank town hall
----------------------------------
custom house
----------------------------------
finnieston church
----------------------------------
glasgow school of art (exterior)
----------------------------------
grecian chambers
----------------------------------
215 high street
----------------------------------
hutchesons' hall
----------------------------------
kingston halls
----------------------------------
kinning park pumping station
----------------------------------
1-10 moray place
----------------------------------
muir simpson's warehouse
----------------------------------
orient buildings
----------------------------------
old partick police court
----------------------------------
partick pumping station
----------------------------------
pollockshaws west station
----------------------------------
police offices & barracks
----------------------------------
railway offices (howard st)
----------------------------------
shieldhall sewerage works
----------------------------------
tobacco merchant's house
----------------------------------
74 york st
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
website homepage
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
all images and content copyright © 2013 - architectureglasgow.co.uk
please do not use without permission: contact@architectureglasgow.co.uk

disclaimer & copyright information


- home - building index - about - web links - contact -

www.architectureglasgow.co.uk www.derelictglasgow.co.uk