Linthouse Sub-Station:
Building date 1919. An ornate Italian Renaissance styled two storey dedicated sub-station. The north and south side elevations are of a high qulaity brick finish, with a reinforced concrete frame visisble on the south elevation. The front east elevation is red sandstone with renaissance and mannerist (high renaissance) details.

street address: Holmfauldhead Place, Glasgow, G51
Latitude / Longitude: 55.863764,-4.332079 (sourced using Google Maps)

east elevation from the other side of the road through the Clyde tunnel


north-east corner, with the red sandstone front elevation and brick north elevation. The building is sited to the immediate south of the neighbouring church hall


east elevation


north-east corner and view down the north elevation


Italian renaissance styled windows, with mannerist details of the blocks alternating up the sides of the openings


view up the east elevation


1919 building date


doorway


sub-station plaque


view back down the east elevation


south-east corner


south elevation and exposed concrete frame


spalled concrete on the south elevation and exposed rebar


one of the rooftop vents atop the building


the reverse of the top of the east elevation, the brick of the south elevation and the flatroof


south elevation and additional small brick building at the south-west corner




back to top



power / utilities
----------------------------------
power / utilities homepage
----------------------------------
kinning park pumping station
----------------------------------
linthouse sub-station
----------------------------------
partick pumping station
----------------------------------
shieldhall sewerage works
----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

----------------------------------
all images and content copyright © 2013 - architectureglasgow.co.uk
please do not use without permission: contact@architectureglasgow.co.uk

disclaimer & copyright information


- home - building index - about - web links - contact -

www.architectureglasgow.co.uk www.derelictglasgow.co.uk

panoramic view from the east, with the open grassed area to the left of the photograph, then the sub-station, the neighbouring hall, and eventually northwards to the Clyde tunnel